The United States of America offers a program where residency and the coveted ‘Green card’ can be obtained by investment.
- The United States of America is a well-established democracy that is traditionally friendly to business, and has a large domestic market for goods and services
- Dependent children of successful applicants may attend school, college, university, or other educational institutions in the United States
- The applicant must start a business or invest in an existing or troubled business in the United States. Once approved, the applicant, spouse, and dependent children of the investor will receive conditional permanent residence.
- The required investment amount is US$1 million or in the case of a qualifying investment in a Regional Center is US$500,000. After their approved investment has remained in place for 2 years, the investor and the investor’s spouse and dependent children are entitled to an unconditional Green Card
- The business must create at least 10 full-time jobs (includind indirect jobs created by the investment)